Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's for supper??

Long story short, a few gals and I did a frozen meal exchange...I am CERTAIN I got the better end of this deal. I love these two recipes so much, I could cry. They are so yummy and SO easy!!! I just had to share:

Tresy's Mexican Lasagna
1-1.5 lbs ground beef
1 can rotel
1 jar taco sauce
6 cups shredded cheese (any variety!)
6 large flour tortillas
8 oz sour cream

Brown meat and drain (I added onion). Add rotel, taco sauce and sour cream...bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. Layer 2 tortillas, meat sauce, cheese 3 times in a 9x13 pan. Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble. YUM!

Tiffany's shredded chicken tacos
Put in bottom of crock pot 1 can black beans, 1 can corn and half of a jar of salsa. Put 4 chicken breasts on top (can be partially frozen!). Put remainder of salsa on top of chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and add back to mixture with a block of cream cheese. Let cheese melt for 20 min or so and serve!

How easy are those!! I recommend a heaping pile of guacamole on each one! And, maybe a Skinny Girl Margarita...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the slow cooker tacos - they ARE so easy & tasty :) We haven't gotten to yours yet...saving it for a super lazy day, which I think is coming up soon :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! Sounds fantastic! Going to have to try!