* No matter how excellent your truck driver is (can you guess who she is?), having only one truck slows things WAY down!
* Eating roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, homemade rolls and cherry pie with ice cream is not conducive to going out in the 90-degree weather and sitting. It makes a truck driver VERY sleepy and a little uncomfortable.
* In the beginning, I had much sympathy for Jereme in the combine. But, as I climb into the ice-cold cab of the combine with the cushy seat, all sympathy flew out the window.
* Drinking 4 diet pops in a 4-hour period will not counteract the sleepiness incurred b/c of item #2.
* The Grandma and great-Grandma are vitally important to this operation. Who else feeds you so well and takes excellent care of the the twins so we can harvest? They've had them most of the day for the past 4 days. The boys seem to love it.
* Don't mess with the Grandpa when he is climbing into the motor of old Jesse truck for the 3rd time. And, don't stand within throwing distance either. When the brakes continue to not work, parts might start flying!!!