Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Big Kids

When did the little boys get so big?? Things I've noticed lately:

*A-t-t-i-t-u-d-e...Not that they don't come by it honestly. When both your parents are bull-headed, smart-mouthed, er, I mean quick-witted (right??) should we expect much less? Yet, it still totally peeves me off when I went in last night at 9:45 to tell the boys to knock it off and get to sleep and one of them (who shall remain nameless) covered his ears with both hands and shut his eyes so he didn't have to listen.

*One boy pushing a cart at the store with Luke in it and the other boy pushing a cart with the groceries in it. Sure, it's a little bit dangerous for the other patrons but that's a minor detail. And, tonight I only had to rebuild one display!

*Heading out the door with their daddy tonight to a KSU ball game, kissing me good-bye, carrying their "man-bag" of money to purchase their own snack with their own hard-earned money as happy as 2 little boys could be was almost more than my heart could take.

*Working hard at chores around the house to earn their commissions...they are already on their way to "Financial Peace".

*Secure enough in his masculinity, one little boy can verbally express that he kinda wants a Mermaid to just play with sometimes...not all the time, though.

I don't know...just seems like everyday it's something new and different. Some days that something new makes me crazy, some days it cracks me up and some days it just makes me stop and think when did they get so danged big??


No comments: