Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moments that take your breath away...

You're probably thinking this is going to be some sappy post. And, it might get that way, but that's not how it starts.

Yesterday, we took the boys to the mall to see Santa. We also put them on the train in the mall for them to ride. They were thrilled...they were on the train, eating candy canes and smiling super cute for anyone who would watch. They had gone around the track about 3 times. For some reason (ok, not just for some reason, but God's provision!), I walked along side them the next time around the track. Thank You, Lord, for prompting me...about halfway around the track, right at a corner where the train is super close to the fence, the boys' door swung open b/c the LOCK WAS BROKEN!. Isaac fell out and was under his train car while it was still moving! Without even thinking, a naughty word flew out of my mouth and I reached down and pulled him out from under the train while it continued to speed along. It all happened so fast, I can't really even remember the rest but I know pretty quickly Isaac was in my arms and safe.

Scary moments that take your breath away! We are SO very thankful that sweet and ornery little boy is just fine! Made momma cry more than Isaac!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Omg!! How scary!! I'm so glad Isaac is okay and how lucky that you were right there to catch him!

Cricketchirp said...

Yikes! So glad he is OK. Wow, so glad you were led to be right there for him when he needed you most!

Anonymous said...

Poor Boy!! That is awful!! So glad that he is ok.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I would've flipped out and since you know my potty mouth I'm sure more than 1 naughty word would've escaped!

Kelli said...

That is so scary! I am glad he is okay! That will meke your heart skip a few beats. I have always worried about my kids bailing out of one of those trains but never thought about them being broken and falling out! I will pay more attention next time.