Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 Years!

**Our scanner isn't working so had to do the screwball way of getting these old pics online. Sorry for the quality, which I am sure is just shocking considering how quality my pictures normally are.**




















Please note how thoroughly joyful Jereme is about marrying me. He insists that even though he looks miserable in all our "formal" wedding pictures that it wasn't b/c he was marrying me. It was b/c some family members weren't timely in getting to the church. I don't know...


10 years ago today, Jereme and I were married on a wicked-hot July afternoon. We had no idea what we were doing. We also had no clue how hard AND how much fun marriage was going to be. In ten years, we've:

*stayed up all night partying with friends.
*stayed up all night fighting.
*stayed up all night with crying babies.

*cried.
*laughed until we cried.
*fought until we've laughed.

*experienced grief that was almost unbearable.

*been up to our eyeballs in debt.
*learned to live in freedom from debt!!

*traveled to Maine, Vegas, AZ, NY, Cancun, Houston, CO and countless KSU games/bowl games.

*bought 5 (yes FIVE!) houses and made 5 major moves, 2 of those with children.

*walked through a couple "valleys" in our marriage: dark, lonely, frustrating.
*stood in amazement as God restored our marriage from those dark days.

*experienced the profound, unexplainable and unconditional love the moment our three beautiful boys were born.

Jereme, what can I say that you don't already know? Wouldn't want to be on this crazy ride with anyone but you. You're a great man, an amazing daddy and my best friend. I love you to pieces.

And, just to see if he reads this thing, I am putting a picture that is going to make all you girls out there wild with jealousy that this man is all mine!


Are you ready?





















Mullets rock! I'm going to see if I can get him to grow one again.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful bride you were!!! Love, love the picture of you hubby!!! Hope you get to do something fun to celebrate!!!:-)

Danelle said...

Love the mullet! What a beautiful couple! SOo glad we met you two! (Sorry I can't stop myself from using !!!!!!!!)

Tiffany said...

Awwwww, congratulations you two! Beautiful wedding picture...and beautiful thoughts about the past 10 years! July 2000 was a great month for weddings - our anniversary is coming up too :) And yes, Jereme can totally rock out the mullet. That is priceless.

Kristy said...

Congrats! Love this post! Hope you enjoyed your weekend when you got to get away.

The Lundgrens said...

What a sweet post! I love it.
So glad God put you two together for this WILD ride called Life.
May the next 10 be happier than ever!
And, yes, you look gorgeous in this picture. :)))

The Lundgrens said...

What a sweet post! I love it.
So glad God put you two together for this WILD ride called Life.
May the next 10 be happier than ever!
And, yes, you look gorgeous in this picture. :)))

Brett said...

Oh man! You made me tear up! What a wonderful blessing. I totally would not have been able to pick you out of a line up from your wedding photo. Jereme however, is identifieable even with a "party in the back" ha ha! Congratulations.

Debbie said...

I love to read your posts...anyone ever tell you that you should be a writer for a parenting magazine in your "Spare" time! Just a thought!

Debbie said...

I love to read your posts...anyone ever tell you that you should be a writer for a parenting magazine in your "Spare" time! Just a thought!

beth foster said...

happy belated anniversary!! yours is 10 days after mine, but I've only just celebrated year 2.
I L.O.V.E. the photo of jereme - more, more, more!!