Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Green Monster trying to rear his ugly head...

Man, oh man. Jereme is headed to the Gulf this week and rented a Suburban to take a group of guys down there. We headed over to Salina to pick it up. Whew, it was a sweet ride and I got to drive it all alone. I could get really used to driving that thing with plenty of room, leather, all the bells and whistles. I totally get that my rocking-cool-minivan doesn't have many (does it have any??) features on it, but this thing had acceleration-controlled radio!!! It turned up when I accelerated and would gradually turn down as I came to stops. I was super-duper impressed. And, it was super easy to start imagining myself in that thing with the three stinkers in the back.

And, then, I remembered my little friend called Dave. Dave Ramsey, that is. He was whispering all the way home to me that if I can't pay cash then I don't want it. I don't? I was pretty sure I did. I pulled in and caught Jereme's eye as I got out. He could read my mind without me saying a word. This is what he said, "Babe, it'll be all the more sweet when we can buy it the right way!"

That is one of 3,032 reasons why I love that guy. He's willing to stand with me against what the world is screaming. God knows it's screaming to finance this, swipe your credit card here, same as cash for this new thingymabob. And, he's also willing to remind me when I start letting that envy monster rear his head.

So, c'mon fellow Ramsey-lovers (or no consumer debt people/cash people!), give a shout out and remind this girl why this (dings in the doors, back-hatch handle missing, stains, rips and 6 month old french fries all included):














is my dream car!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

IT IS, IT IS, IT IS YOUR DREAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Dave Ramsey & his plan! If you live like no one else, later you WILL live like no one else :) The green monster does rear it's ugly head though...

Unknown said...

Live like no one else now so you can live like no one else later! Love Dave and CASH!

Cricketchirp said...

Here you go, Jeff' 1998 Chevy truck had the acceleration controlled turn up/down feature, so you aren't missing anything new, you just bought a Ford. ;-) Suck it up for a bit longer if I can do it, you can!!!

Diane said...

Thanks, girls! Funny b/c we both said exactly that "Daveism"...we're gonna live like no one else so later we can LIVE like no one else!!

Cricket...Jereme's 2010 truck doesn't have that in it!! And, you know it's a Chevy...Monsanto making those guys go without, huh?? HA!

Danelle said...

Right on girls! That green monster is EVERYWHERE!!! Just remember MINIVANS ROCK! (repeat as needed)

Kelli said...

A brand new suburban would also have 6 month old french fries in it 6 months from now! I know about suburban payments and will NEVER have one again...when this one is paid off. It truly isn't worth it.

It is good Jereme could remind you of "dave". My hubby wasn't on the dave bandwagon when we bought our suburban. So I just decided I must be crazy and he talked me into it.

Unknown said...

Diane - FYI The 1996 Tahoe you sold in order to acquire the "rockin' mini" has accel controlled radio!

Clinton said...

We rent a car when we need one... it is the failure to plan (or execute the plan) that gets us in trouble because we leave so late that we have to jump in a cab rather than walk or transit.

Hear you on the cash... we just finished a month where I needed vegetables for two more nights and had to buy the $1 bruised vegetable bag (it was HER impulse ice cream earlier in the month :-)