Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Momma is a dense one.

I, apparently, just don't get it. I really want my kids to take one big nap per day. Who wouldn't? You get the mornings to do all the fun stuff and then you put your kids down at 1 pm and expect them to nap till 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm as they should be EXHAUSTED from no nap and all the playing. Obviously, my kids didn't get that memo.

I know what some of you are saying:
You just have to make them do it.
Ok, please, you come up and stay for a week and make my kids do anything they don't want to. Make sure you give me some notice so I can buy some beer as this will be pure entertainment for me.

You just have to stick it out, it's a tough adjustment.
Really? REALLY? See above answer.

They will nap longer eventually.
Can you define (and more importantly guarantee) eventually? Like this month or are we talking in 6 months.

Put them down earlier for one big nap.
Ok, but they still only nap for 90 minutes. I can hardly stand them from 3:00 pm till 7:30 pm when they've only had 90 minutes of sleep. You want me to be alone with them even longer???? I'll need you to bring some more beer with you, then!

No comments: