Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Every once in a while...

Every once in a while, I get a wild hair and think my children are not routined, highly-schedule dependent kids. I think to myself, oh they'll be just fine if we skip afternoon nap or if afternoon nap is only 30 minutes long.

But, then, I am reminded at bedtime when a baby must cry for 26 minutes to wind down and go to sleep. And, then, I reminded again when both babies lay on the floor the next morning crying constantly b/c they are tired. Then, I say to myself and anyone who will listen that we will NOT be skipping naps again anytime soon, regardless of what is going on. And, because 9:07 AM is too early to pour a drink, we'll just have to stick to that darned ol' routine.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I am so glad to hear I am not alone! My kids do so much better on a schedule but it is so tempting to just bend it a little bit. And some days a drink a little early is okay!