Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You might be a redneck if...

So, here's the deal. You can move to a different town. You can buy a little bigger house in a little nicer neighborhood but it still comes down to the fact that you're a redneck.

Now, you're probably wondering what prompts me to say this. Well, here's the story.

Jereme decided to redo a landscape bed on the side of our house. See blog for pics of him digging down and then he shovels out all the rock. He sends me to get a load of dirt in the bed of his pick-up. I don't think to sweep it out before they dump the dirt. Jereme uses all the topsoil. He then mulches the bed in nicely and we get several nice rains.

A few days later, I go walking along that side of the house and gasp out loud at the weeds coming up in the mulch bed. I make a mental note to tell Jereme to look at it and bring home some round-up. After all, he is the Monsanto man. I forget. 3 days later, I walk out and see the almost the entire mulch bed covered with these "weeds". It is crazy. Jereme gets home and I say, "hey Mr. Monsanto, you need to get your round-up out and kill that crap on the side of the house."

He laughs and says that's our corn plot. I said, excuse me??? He says, we didn't sweep out the truck before the topsoil was dumped and there was corn seed in the back. I think, oh dear Lord, are you kidding me? We have corn growing on the side of our house. The neighborhood must think we are the biggest hicks ever.

I then say, "well for cryin' out loud, go spray it with Round-up." He grins and says, "I can't...that's Round-up Ready corn growing out there."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane--This cracks me up. This reminds me of the time Jon planted wheat in our yard--only this was on purpose. I would have to ask him again why he did this all I remember is I was not happen at the time. This could be why our husbands are such great friends.