Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

You don't care

I am quite certain by the end of this post, you will regret reading it as it will surely be a waste of time. But, Jereme is out of town until middle of the night tonight so I need to tell someone. I run down good ol' X street here in Small town, USA. X street runs just on the side of both the high school and middle school. It's a perfect start to my run. Bonner, our dog, is a bird dog and loves him some free roaming time. So, when I hit X street, I unleash him since the first 1/2 mile or so it is wheat field/stubble. Then, you hit the middle school and it sets back aways so there is a huge vacant lot. Across the street from the middle school/vacant lot are townhomes.

Sooooooooooo, where is all this going? There is the rudest, grumpiest old man ever that sits out on his lawn chair and yells at my dog. Now, Bonner is a runner and he may stray a little but he NEVER strays on that side of the street. He runs all over creation in that wheat field and vacant lot. The first few times, I thought, ok this guy doesn't realize that's my dog. So, the next time, I waved, smiled and said, oh, that's our dog; he sure loves to get off that leash for a bit. The guy said nothing. Now, mind you, he is outside whether I go at 6 am or 8 pm like I did tonight.

**Sidebar** I had a sitter with the kids so no need to document me for Child Protective Services (wink-wink!).

Again, tonight, running down X street and Bonner is whooping it up running all over IN THE VACANT LOT ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STREET FROM THE TOWNHOMES when the guy gets out of his chair and yells, "Yaaaaaaaa, get out of here, you dog. Get your dog out of here!!!" Seriously?? Put a pillow over my head in my sleep, Jereme, and put me out of my misery should I ever get so miserable in life that I feel the need to yell at people's dogs running in a field across the street from my house. Ok? OK? Whew. Thank you.

Now, feel free to roll your eyes at this utter waste of time. By the way, baby boy turns one in less than 48 hours. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 comments:

Miranda's Minutes said...

That guy is just a party pooper! Mark and I were driving past him in the camaro, and I promise we were just going for a nice, slow, little cruise, and he glared us down and gave the International Old Man signal-that hand wave to try to make us slow down. Puh-leaze. Too bad he didn't have a road behind his house to also worry about, so he wasn't ALWAYS in front.

Tiffany said...

What a grump! That's sad! I could see him yelling at your dog if it were taking a big ole dookie in his front yard...but just running around across the street??? Weird.